Welcome to the Cultures of Gender and Age (COGA) Member Interest Group (MIG)!
Cultures of Gender and Age (COGA) is a Member Interest Group (MIG) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. COGA focuses on providing programming, education, collaboration and networking within three primary sub communities: Fifty Plus (FPIND), Men (NOMIN) and Thirty and Under (TUND). Each of these communities address unique needs for education and networking within their communities while also supporting each other to provide a collective voice within the Academy for young practitioners, seasoned members and men in the profession.
COGA MIG exists to foster inclusive connections between nutrition and dietetic professionals and students at different stages of their careers and promote the exchange of perspectives and learnings across gender, age and lived experience.
- Opportunity to connect with FPIND, NOMIN and TUND peers as a sub-community on niche topics.
- A voice that advocates gender and age-related issues and relevant topics, serving as a direct resource to the Academy Diversity Committee and internal teams.
- A COGA website to help foster community and connect you with resources.
- A connected, collaborative community with opportunities for FNCE® networking events, year-round communication, member discussion board and a member directory.
- Access to education and professional development through CPEU webinar trainings, educational toolkits and scholarships for lifelong learning on topics such as technology, tools to help with starting a career, career change and staying active into retirement.
- Opportunities for leadership development within the COGA Executive Committee, through leadership development programs and scholarships.
Bookmark the COGA website www.coga.eatrightpro.org, so you can return with regularity and ease for resources and networking. You will log in using your same information as eatright.org (Academy member ID and password). We would encourage you to take part in the discussions, access resources and update your “My profile” in the upper right hand corner to add your photo, share your bio and change your email preferences.